Goals and Outcomes
At Shady Creek Summer Camp, campers will adventure, connect, and cultivate.
Explore in a beautiful outdoor setting.
Hands-on camp activities are packed with creative play.
Be curious and brave when trying new things.
Socialize within camper community.
Discover empathy for Shady Creek’s habitats and wildlife.
Camp activities and events provide learning opportunities as well as fun.
Campers practice independence with time spent away from home.
Empowered by camp community to be advocates and stewards.
Confidence in identity remains long after summer is over.
Why Choose Shady Creek Summer Camp:
- Our program is accredited by the California Outdoor School Association (COSA), and we are an institutional member of the Association of Environmental and Outdoor Education (AEOE)
- Administrative staff have multiple seasons of experience with summer camp
- Scholarships available to applicants with financial need
- Affordable camp tuition made possible through the use of passionate volunteer staff who care about kids
- Staff recruited from the Shady Creek Leadership Team, an alumni group focused on building leadership skills and community service projects
- Resident camp operates with a 1:4 staff-camper ratio, and our small camper population means strong camp community
- Will be able to accommodate special diets and food allergies
- Onsite health specialist ready to care for the health and wellness needs of campers
- Camp activities designed using an educational framework
- Will appeal to kids who are athletes, visual and performing artists, outdoor enthusiasts, science fans, animal lovers . . .
Summer Camp 2017 Dates and Prices:
Session One: Monday, July 24 – Friday, July 28
Session Two: Sunday, July 30 – Thursday, August 3
Campers: 4th – 8thh grade*
Session One: Monday, June 12 – Friday, June 16
Session Two: Monday, June 26 – Friday, June 30
Campers: 1st – 8th grade*
*grade camper will be entering in the fall
Meet the Summer Camp Directors
Madrone (Kelly Casey) and Echo (Bethany Thomas) are so excited you’re interested in Shady Creek Summer Camp! Both Madrone and Echo work as Shady Creek naturalists during the school year, and with more than ten seasons of combined day and resident camp experience, you can count on them to make Shady Creek Summer Camp memorable, reliable, and enjoyable.
For questions and info
firstname.lastname@example.org – All summer camp inquiries